Apple Media Products Engineering - Sr. Software Engineer, Media Domain Platforms
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
- Expert experience with Java or equivalent object-oriented languages
- We want over 5 years of crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend applications
- A deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs
- Ability to design and establish coding patterns/standards across multiple code repositories
- Proven track record to re-architect an expansive code base while transitioning to technologies/frameworks
- Meaningful experience with NoSQL & big data technologies like Cassandra, Solr, Kafka and Hadoop
- Shown grasp of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Ability to thrive with highly collaborative, multi-functional projects that are high profile and critical to the App Store!
The Apple Media Products engineering team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and build web platform features supporting the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and more. We are hiring a server-side engineer who is comfortable architecting large-scale sophisticated services in a heterogenous technology environment. An ideal candidate will not only meet design requirements, but also challenge those requirements and seek opportunities to improve quality, reliability, and performance along the way. You'll have proven experience in Java or similar, HTTP, REST, and distributed databases. Experience with HTTP authorization, gateway services, and asymetric encryption is a plus. We are looking for a teammate who wants to tackle new challenges, can meet deadlines, and cares deeply about empowering other engineers to build phenomenal software! Here's your chance to join a dynamic team and to break new ground on our App delivery platform! You will have the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious but humble enough to listen to others. We want your thoughts on how we can move faster, be more creative, and deliver tools and ideas to empower developers around the world. We expect you to challenge the status quo, to care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.