Graphics Software Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design Apple silicon graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. As a Graphics Software Engineer at our GPU UK Design Centre, you are responsible for developing GPU workloads, automated flows and tools to support the verification process of our GPU designs. You will work alongside teams of architects, hardware, software and verification engineers to ensure the functionality, performance and power of our GPU designs can be efficiently and effectively verified.
- Excellent communications skills. Self-motivated and organised
- Excellent C/C++ programming and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of rendering and/or concurrent programming algorithms
- Experience with one or more GPU APIs (Metal, DX12, Vulkan, CUDA, OpenGL and/or OpenCL)
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python
- Familiar with one or more GPU or CPU hardware architectures
- Architecture validation and/or design verification knowledge desirable
- GPU/CPU performance analysis experience desirable
- Experience with GPU API capture and analysis tools desirable
In this role, you will: - Define, author and debug GPU architecture functional, performance and power test suites - Support GPU model, hardware design and hardware verification teams pre / post silicon - Lead the design and implementation of GPU verification tools and APIs - Create production quality automated flows for graphics core verification - Provide insight into how real-world workloads could stress the GPU architecture and benefit from new features - Challenge architectural design decisions. Propose refinements based on issues found - Support GPU software teams during driver bring-up
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or related.
- Some international travel will be required.