Insight DevOps Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Company overview Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continues to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong Organizational Agility, ability to work across multiple divisions simultaneously.
- Experience in leading a collaborative and successful team with vision and purpose.
- Ability to influence up, down, up and cross functionally.
- Comfortable standing alone, being the single representative on a program or initiative.
- Comfortable presenting, hosting large calls, and interacting with senior leadership.
- Project management experience.
- 5 years’ experience in Hadoop cluster, NoSQL databases and troubleshooting Java based applications and Spark jobs in a 24x7 production environment.
- At least 3+ years of work experience in building and maintain distributed big-data systems like Hadoop and cloud computing environments.
- Experience in designing high performance big data solutions, spark/kafka data pipeline and micro service technologies.
- Go-getter and willing to learn.
- Good logical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal skills shown through previous projects or work assignments
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
We are looking for an experienced Manager who can help lead the next generation of Apple products. Our DevOps team is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, tuning big data pipeline and deploying applications enabling Apple to manufacture cutting edge products. We manage important system across multiple data centers globally. You will be working closely with our Global Operation, System, Development, Engineering and Partner Experience teams, to maintain the best experience and keep SLA for our internal and external partners. This is a great and meaningful opportunity to join us in building scalable and efficient cloud infrastructure, monitoring instrumentation, health checks, tracing data, troubleshooting and conducting root cause analysis. Lastly, you will work with UI and backend Engineering teams to build up and upgrade our services using our CICD pipeline. Shape the next generation of distributed solutions at Apple by working on the bleeding-edge technologies for the Insight BPR team. Insight BPR is looking for outstanding leader to help bring our data pipeline and application environment and team to the next level. We are an ambitious team that takes appropriate risks, and challenges everything -- including each other. As a cross-functional global team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging operational problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services. You will be leading innovation by exploring, investigating, instrumenting, recommending and implementing data centric technology solutions for the data and application platform.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s and above degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.