Embedded Software Developer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
Apple is one of the world’s most successful businesses. We are primarily a consumer electronics business producing hardware (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, Apple TV), software (iOS, MacOS, Safari) and services (Apple Music, App Store, iCloud, News+ and Apple TV+). Over 1.4 billion of our devices are currently in use across the world, whilst Apple Music has over 60 million subscribers globally. We care about what we do, and believe Apple is a force for good. Apple is a company full of exciting ideas and innovative people, who are also committed to upholding the highest moral, legal and ethical standards in everything we do. We believe technology can serve humankind's deepest values and highest aspirations. Protecting individuals’ privacy, promoting diversity and inclusivity, providing products that educate, and are accessible to all needs, are fundamentals within our business. Join our Wireless Technology Ecosystem(WTE) team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about Software Development and want to work on the World's most cutting edge mobile payment systems, then we may have the job for you.
- 1+ years of experience in Software development with focus on C or Java projects, Python is a plus.
- If you have 4+ years experience, you are expected to have been working on the Secure Element, Payment Scheme or Javacard areas.
- Good experience with Embedded Software Development
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- Excellent problem solving and intuitive debugging skills
- Eager to get your hands dirty!
As an Embedded Software Developer, you will work on implementing existing and new security features for Apple products including Apple Pay. In this role you will have an impact on new Payment, Transit and Access solutions and new verticals around the planet.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- -Experience with payment protocols, mobile payments
- -Experience with Access/Transit contactless applications.
- -Understanding of various cryptographic algorithms (RSA, DES, AES, SHA-1, etc.)
- -Experience crafting security solutions and designing quality modular software.
- -Experience with Java build/testing automation on-card as well as off-card.
- -Experience with developing JavaCard applets for JavaCard OS or related software development experience for security products.
- -Exposure to Objective-C, iOS and MacOS is a plus