Project Manager - WorldWide Printing & Packaging
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Manage packaging, labeling, and print documentation for all Apple products worldwide to ensure that high-quality printing and finishing is developed, produced, and shipped on time. Manages the execution of print tests, color matching development, and press-run approvals at suppliers based on creative direction from Packaging producers. Collaborate with R&D team and take lead to implement and scale up newly added material, print technology and print technique in region. Participate in suppliers audits, qualification and action plan for improvements. Participate establishing Quality Control standard for all products and set expectations with Apple SQE team.
- 5–7 years relevant experience in consumer electronic or consumer goods packaging and labeling, including project management experience.
- Eager to learn attitude and can adapt to new way of working when implementing new print technology. Ability to implement and roll out R&D projects in region.
- Knowledge of pre-press, in-depth printing processes, and solving on-press issues. Requires knowledge of materials, inks, adhesives, and print decoration and finishing techniques. Be able to recommend printing and finishing processes to meet project goals.
- Strong knowledge of color management and color theory required. Must pass Munsell test with score of less than 5.
- Knowledge of print standard and strong ability to utilize data to drive process improvements and develop experiments for new technology introduction.
- Ability to appreciate small color variations and give directions to printers on the spot.
- Strong attention to details, ability to manage multiple projects at once and keep track of milestones and deliverables. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple highly detailed projects at the same time.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and a worldwide supply base.
- Creative problem-solving skills. Adaptable, flexible and resourceful to manage changes in product definition, time constraints, etc.
- Computer skills/Software: Must have basic operating skills in Illustrator Creative Cloud. Proficient in Mac Applications, InDesign, Photoshop, Excel, Word and database management systems. Basic knowledge of Operations systems to manage Bill of Material, planning and work orders.
Part of the creative process to develop Packaging Graphics Understand suppliers’ printing and finishing capabilities. Understand library of supplier equipment and capabilities. Be a force of proposal during the creative and development phase of the projects, as it relates to printing and finishing options Actively participate in research projects to develop new printing techniques. Work closely with R&D team and TPM for the trial and execution of print tests to validate go-live readiness Manage print deliverables and ensure print quality meets Apple’s expectations Track all deliverables by developing timelines and schedules with team. Flag issues that may affect internal or external workflow Work with suppliers to develop packaging and labeling concepts, print tests, color matching development following packaging producer’s lead, validate manufacturing capability and obtain needed samples for team approval. Develop processes to ensure supplier readiness for flawless execution Work closely with Ink and Foil suppliers to develop stable formulas that can be used across our Supply Chain for maximum quality and efficiency Attend press approval to make sure manufacturing print quality meets Apple standards. Provide professional color judgement to match design goals across multiple sites and suppliers. Troubleshoot on-site print issues on various substrates. Sign off on color standard and establish acceptable printing color range Assess and develop supplier capabilities Participate in suppliers technical audits as it relates to pre-press, ink mixing, printing and finishing capabilities and ensure suppliers corrective actions are in place. Help develop departmental procedures for efficient work-flow Implement and execute R&D projects among Apple approved supplier chain.
Education & Experience
BS degree - Packaging and Print background preferred.
- Position is based in Shanghai or Shenzhen, China. Travel domestic China and international (up to 50% of time).