Senior Engineering Manager, Ad Platforms
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The growing Search Ads engineering team in Cupertino is seeking an experienced and hands-on manager to lead our Search Ads engineering team. The team is responsible for full stack, distributed systems software development that is used by advertisers and developers. This is a high visibility role in our mobile advertising space. This role will lead a team focused on architecting, creating and delivering new capabilities to our core search advertising products. We are looking for a results-oriented and versatile leader who can excel in an Agile environment. You will work closely with product owners, leading a team engineers to design, develop, and implement solutions, including leveraging open source, and building tools, frameworks, and components that will enable us to improve and scale our platform.
- 8+ years of industry experience building scalable micro services and data driven platforms
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Prior experience with modern programming languages (e.g., Java/Scala/C++)
- Expertise in NoSQL datastores (e.g., Cassandra. Keyspaces, ElastiCache)
- Proficiency in data processing technologies (e.g., Kafka, Spark, Flink )
- 3+ years hands-on technology management experience
- Experience building and scaling systems on premise, hybrid and the cloud
- Strong technical leadership skill with proven experience architecting, developing, releasing and supporting mission critical services
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Prior experience in advertising industry is a huge plus!
You will lead a team of engineers adept at building massive distributed services at scale and with high quality to our customers. You will work closely with your peers and other engineering teams in Austin, Cupertino, and Hyderabad to build and support the core capabilities of our Search advertising ecosystem. You will also partner closely with teams across Apple to deliver and support third party integrations.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, or related field; experience designing, building, maintaining, and extending production ecosystems at scale.
- Open to Cupertino, CA