GPU Physical Verification Design Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly sophisticated challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient GPU. You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you will be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. This role requires a mix of strategic engineering along with hands-on, technical work. You will be realising the complete physical design verification closure from early design planning to tapeout. You will have hands-on experience in physical design and large chip integration.
- - We value proven ability in all aspects of ASIC integration including Floorplanning, Clock and Power distribution, global signal planning, I/O planning and hard IP integration.
- - Experience at full chip with configuration, methodology, and analysis of physical design verification checks: DRC, LVS, ERC, Process ANT, PERC and ESD. Background with top to block correlation and reporting is required.
- - Your knowledge in general partition PNR flow will serve you well in understanding how to support partition owners in solving physical design verification issues.
- - Familiar with hierarchical design approach, and techniques that enable physical design verification that is accurate by construction. Familiar with GDS assembly, GDS requirements for hard macros.
- - Your depth of expertise on integrating IP from both internal and external vendors and be able to specify and drive IP requirements in the physical domain will serve you well.
- - Experience with large subsystem designs (>20M gates) with frequencies in excess of 1GHz applying innovative technologies.
- - From a CAD tool perspective, experience with Floorplanning tools, PnR flows, mainstream Physical Design Verification tools (e.g. Mentor) is required. Familiar with TCL scripting.
Work closely with Front-End team to understand chip architecture and drive physical verification aspects early in the design cycle. Work with physical design team, drive methodologies and “best known methods” to streamline physical design work, come up with guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and supervise progress while offering physical verification support. Be focal point for all things PDV, set goals and breakthroughs, plan short and long-term work, understand dependencies between different domains like top, power integrity, and PNR. Handle design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions and drive execution. Are you a confident problem solver who looks to find new, innovative solutions? Are you ready to help chart the future of Apple's ecosystem? If so, we are happy to hear from you!
Education & Experience
BSc/MSEE/M Eng/BEng or equivalent is required
- Apple’s most meaningful resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.