Graduate Physical Design Engineer (Cambridge)
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
At Apple, we work every day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and persevering graduate who is a rapid learner and motivated. As a member of our group, you will have the rare and phenomenal opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every single day and be mentored by some of the best engineers. Apple's GPU Hardware Tech team is responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple's chips which power everything from Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, iPad, and iPhone. We have unique career opportunities for those interested in applying their knowledge towards developing Apple's innovative GPUs. Will this be you?
- Have strong analytical / problem-solving skills and the urge to learn new skills.
- You are a team worker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a foundation in VLSI.
- Understand ASIC design and digital design techniques.
- Some scripting/programming knowledge. (Perl, TCL, Python, or similar).
- "Nice to have" skills in the following areas: Verilog/VHDL; VLSI Physical Design process; GPU function & architecture.
- Ability to fluently speak and write in English.
- If you are interested in synthesis, Place & Route (PnR), and Static Timing Analysis (STA) - let us know!
As a Physical Design Engineer, you will contribute to all phases in the physical design for the GPU cores that drive Apple products and work on the forefront process nodes and with the mode sophisticated EDA tools. Responsibilities include especially, but are not limited to: Working with the design and architecture teams to construct the most efficient floor-plans. Perform place and route, close timing, and optimise performance, power, and area. Run signoff analyses such as static timing and physical verification (LVS, DRC) Work together with the design teams to help improve the RTL for implementation. Liaise with other team members to fix issues and develop new methodologies. Are you a confident problem solver who succeed under pressure to find new, innovative solutions? Are you ready to help chart the future of Apple's ecosystem? If so, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Education & Experience
Bachelors's or Master's Degree in a technical field is required.
- No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.