Global Supply Manager
Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This role will focus on specific commodity and will play a critical role in the overall success of the Apple fulfilment model. Acting as a key interface between WW Procurement, WW Materials, strategic suppliers and contract manufacturers. APO GSM is responsible for driving all aspects of strategic and tactical elements of the business operations.
- Broad operations/supply chain management experience;
- Outstanding analytical capabilities;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrate ability to drive and deliver strategic business plans and initiatives;
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership;
- High level of personal and professional integrity;
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Act as resident expert in assigned commodity - Collaborate with WW Procurement to conduct capacity planning, prepare new program ramps, drive necessary and timely action for potential supply issues and provide accurate supply projection - Ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing forecast to commit, driving excellent supplier flexibility and minimizing potential exposures - Manage and develop suppliers to maintain lowest cost, predictable availability and industry-leading quality - Work with Apple cross-functional teams, contractor manufacturers and suppliers to achieve established business goals and objectives - Manage the development and implementation of procurement strategies and initiatives
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree with minimum 7 years supply chain or commodity management experience; MBA a plus.