Senior Network Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
With Apple being the most valuable company globally, you could learn a lot about innovative technology. New innovative ideas have a way of becoming unique products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing a unique product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability, and performance? Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As part of the Enterprise Network Operations Team for The Americas (AMR), you will be collaborating with both individual engineers and managers as we drive pivotal initiatives within the Ops team. This position works with the Enterprise Operations Manager and together, you will help define, drive, and solution a number of initiatives to ensure the scalability, availability, and the security of our infrastructure. In addition, you will be working with multiple Business Units - iPhone, iPad, AppleWatch, HomePod, etc - to ensure their Development Networks are just as robust as the Corporate Networks given both of these have to be highly available 24 x 7. The decisions we make as a team have a direct impact on the companies success and our team of passionate individuals are here to Change the World.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Routing & Switching
- 2 to 3 years of Firewall Security & Automation (Python, Ansible, DevOps Methodology)
- Knowledge of Access Control Lists, Multicast. QoS, Wired & Wireless Technologies
- Knowledge of Virtualization, NFV, and SDN
- Knowledge of Dark Fiber and the technologies surrounding it
- Driving and maintaining standards across a Global Infrastructure
- Driving strategic projects that scale and are highly available
- Strong analytical and organizational skills along with a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and run multiple projects
- Ability to work under stress and handle difficult situations -
- Ability to form relationships, work independently, and debate, respectfully
- Ability to handle multi-vendor products and environment.
Be a part of the passionate team that manages the Network Infrastructure which supports The Americas, ensuring the success of not only the Enterprise Network Operations team but your global peers and the company as a whole. Work to understand how all critical applications and services require consistent connectivity along with SLA/SLO's. Work closely with Apple's Business units to understand their application needs for transport end to end. Partner with Architecture & Engineering in developing networking standards to meet these business needs with future development of next-gen systems. Ensure operational precision across our infrastructure. Work towards standard templates and automation tasks. Need to be adaptable to new technology and strategies to benefit our growing infrastructure. Mentoring and coaching. You will work with many other internal teams to lead and deliver premier products in an exciting, dynamic, and always-challenging environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent work experience
- CCIE or equivalent certifications