Senior Data Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without! If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the creativity and innovation that only comes about when hardworking people from diverse backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Building this environment starts with YOU! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This is a visible and important role at Apple in China and will have great impact on Sales Team. The individual in this role will be responsible for interpreting quantitative data and developing statistical models to forecast and monitor sales demand & supply for sales analytics team.
- 3+ years of hands-on data modeling, data engineering, and software development experience.
- Strong expertise in dimensional modeling and data warehousing.
- Database design and development experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as MySQL/Oracle/Postgres/Teradata.
- Experience with a server-side programming environment using Linux, and familiarity with scripting languages like Python and SQL.
- Good understanding of OLTP and OLAP.
- Hands-on experience with Big-Data platforms like Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hive, etc.
- Strong expertise in data service on Public Cloud (such as AWS, Ali Cloud, Tencent Cloud, etc.)
- Evaluate business needs and conduct complex data computation, analysis, and report on results.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- You will design and build data warehouses on cloud, to provide efficient analytical and reporting capabilities across Apple’s global and regional sales and finance teams. - You will develop highly scalable data pipelines to load data from various source systems, use Apache Airflow to orchestrate, schedule and monitor the workflows. - Build generic and reusable solutions meeting data warehousing design standards for complex business requirements. - You will be required to understand existing solutions, fine-tune them and support them as needed. - Data quality is our goal and we expect you to meet our high standards on data and software quality. - We are a rapidly growing team with plenty of interesting technical and business challenges to solve.We seek a self starter, who is willing to learn fast, adapt well to changing requirements and work with cross functional teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Communications, Journalism, International Policy, Writing, English Literature or similar field