System Validation Engineer – Cellular RF Systems Engineering
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Come and join us! As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding and great opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Experience with cellular protocol stacks preferred 2G, 3G, LTE and 5G NR.
- Practical knowledge of cellular industry standards including 3GPP, 3GPP2, Carrier specifications including performance requirements, compliance requirements and required testing methodologies
- Experience and a deep understanding of System Level RF Parametric its sources in RF component characteristics and behavior.
- Hands on experience with bench level wireless testing, debug at the module, reference board or system level.
- Debug level experience on cellular radio systems at the conducted or radiated level is a plus.
- Understanding of Antenna characteristics impact to radiated testing. Familiarity with radiated test setups, radiated chamber calibration and use.
- Experience using RF lab test equipment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You will validate & characterize wireless system performance across wireless technologies towards industry conformance, regulatory compliance, carrier & use case requirements. You will perform failure analysis of issues with multi-functional engineering teams and drive issues to closure. You will be responsible to complete certification testing. Examples of activities you may be involved in are: - Bringing-up device-under-test and setups for validation preparedness. - Defining test requirements, design; implementing in-house test systems; and performing validation & characterization test plans to meet industry, emissions and performance requirements. - Supervising validation status, analyze results and communicate insight from data. - Performing failure analysis to understand low margin or failing behaviors making use of experimental SW/FW and mock-up hardware. - Collaborating with test equipment vendors, technology suppliers and multi-functional staff to optimize RF parametric performance. - Supporting testing at contract manufacturing sites and supporting certification of Apple products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2+ years of proven experience or Master’s degree.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.