Core OS - USB Device Driver SW Engineer
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience! The USB Software team within Apple's Core OS organization is looking for an outstanding engineer to work on state-of-the art USB driver technology. Working on a core technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple's products. Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and values initiative!
- Solid C and C++ coding and debugging skills.
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- A genuine interest in driver and system architecture development.
- A fundamental knowledge of low-level and system level USB architecture and implementations
- Excellent collaborative skills.
Work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of drivers and frameworks. Drive product features and functional/industry specifications. Bring-up, verification, and debug of devices on new hardware platforms. Work with multi-functional teams to support product requirements for products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE (or equivalent, or related field).
- Additional Success Factors (not required):
- Familiarity with iOS/macOS toolchain
- Experience with IOKit and iOS/macOS driver development
- Experience with common hardware architectures (ARM, PPC, MIPS, x86)
- Ability to use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer and to read CATC logs and board schematics