Technical Program Manager - Optical Semiconductors
Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. You will take the lead in driving technical, operational and quality issues related to custom semiconductor devices from the earliest stages of new product introduction, engineering builds, ramp up and throughout product lifecycle. Work with module and sensor teams to quickly resolve technical and operational issues and interface between sensor vendors and downstream module integrators. The group covers optical semiconductor devices, along with a range of drivers and sensors used inside modules for all systems.
- SKILLS REQUIRED:
- - Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- - Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, influencing and negotiation.
- - Teamwork: Constant collaboration with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- - Flexibility: Evening and weekend work will be required. From time to time, the job also requires significant international travel
- - Deep technical expertise with semiconductor background is mandatory.
- - In-depth understanding of wafer test, yield, wafer fab processes, wafer packaging and back-end issues.
- - Familiarity with quality systems and control
- - Proven experience in Product Engineering, Process Engineering and/or Quality Engineering
- Be involved at product concept to ensure products are manufacturable, and conduct Design for Manufacture reviews. Build in constant design improvement for product quality, factory efficiency and product cost. - Approve vendor process flow and equipment for new devices. - Manage new process introduction and special projects, such as new testers. - Manage custom tools at our vendors, including specifications, buy off and process industrialization. - Review and approve sensor manufacturing Quality Control Plans (tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria). Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Module integrators. - Supervise performance and improve Cpks in NPI and MP. - Set a vision for constant product quality and operational improvements' year over year. Set aggressive targets and drive plans to achieve. - Audit and approve device manufacturers for Mass production readiness. - Ensure timely test correlation activities and close test gaps between device, module and system. - Contribute to mass production release reviews and verify that all we are ready to ramp. - In mass production, lead resolution of device related quality issues in wafer fab, back-end processing, transit and module integrator. - Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, FMEA etc.). Drive improvement programs as appropriate. - Drive FACA for sensor related returns from integrators, field returns, and EFFA issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. - Ensure 8D reports and PCNs are raised and closed accurately - Organize three way meetings with device vendors and module integrators to get feedback on downstream issues and to ensure smooth co-working. Assist and arbitrate as needed. - Ensure qualification and reliability activities at vendors are in line with requirements. - Regularly provide status reporting updates to executives and critical issue when needed. COLLABORATE WITH OTHER GROUPS: - Work with internal TPM and SQE at module integrators. - Close coordination with device design team, module design team and NPI project managers. - Interface with reliability engineering and system quality engineers
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or allied technical subject.