RF System Validation Engineer - 5G Cellular Receivers (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Would you like to join Apple’s fast growing cellular wireless team? Our team is responsible for validating the RF performance of top-notch, RF receiver sub-systems. In order to expand our team’s validation capability towards future Apple products, we are looking for an experienced, hardworking RF system validation engineer with excellent programming skills. The world-class cellular RF sub-systems developed in our labs are enabling Apple mobile devices in un-compromised cellular network connectivity at lowest possible battery drain, enabling long hours of enjoyable customer experience. Thus join us and leverage your passion for RF and excellence, bringing your education and experience to the world's most innovative company.
- Excellent understanding of digital RF receiver implementations, of the RF receiver’s key performance parameters.
- Very good understanding of RF cross-talk and RF interference avoidance and mitigation practices.
- Deep understanding in RF fundamentals & RF measurement techniques and their automation.
- Validated experience in characterising and debugging RF cellular systems and components, including root cause analysis.
- Strong programming skills with languages such as Python,C/C++, Matlab for test script generation in a HW/SW environment.
- Good knowledge of the RF aspects of the cellular 3GPP (3G/4G/5G) standards.
- Proficiency in reviewing and interpreting hardware specifications for cellular SoC and front-end components.
- Proven multi-functional technical collaboration experience with various teams (Silicon Design, Firmware, Systems Engineering, etc).
- Proficiency in English language is required.
- Teammate spirit, excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to accept diverse challenges are critical.
We are searching an expert Cellular RF System Validation Engineer to endorse our RF Receiver System Validation Team. In this role you have the outstanding opportunity to be at the forefront of market-leading, ground breaking RF cellular transceivers. - Assessment of the key performance parameters according to design or 3GPP specifications. - Development of verification plans in a multi-functional team together with RF Systems Engineering, Component Design and Validation and System leads, tracking of the validation status & progress reporting for the owned technical field. - Planning, development and maintenance of automated test-scripts designed to characterize and optimize parametric performance on RF receiver sub-systems. - Debug and trace-routing of RF functional or performance problems down to receiver SoC block level, designing and maintaining laboratory RF test benches that enable the required RF measurements. - Close collaboration with tooling experts to program routines in a framework for HW regression tests. - Operation of RF measurement equipment and communication tester for cellular standards in non-signaling and signalling mode, up to and including modem level operation. - Efficient problem solving whether alone or in collaboration with other teams.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with RF background. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.