AI/ML - Snr. Software Engineer, SaLT
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Machine Learning and AI team transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. The launch of Siri was a defining moment in the history of Artificial Intelligence. Hundreds of millions of people now use Siri to send a message, play their favourite song or take a selfie. Through groundbreaking innovation our Siri and Language Technologies (SaLT) team are driving a new revolution in the way people and devices interact. To help continue this work we are looking for an innovative Software Engineer with cloud experience to help push the boundaries of AI with a single aim: to make a real difference to the lives of Apple users.
- Extensive software development experience.
- Proficient in one or more of Python, Java, or C++.
- API design skills that translate into simple and easy to use interfaces for colleagues and customers.
- Strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coach colleagues and give impactful feedback.
- Experience with event handling and multithreaded development.
- Committed to high quality, well-tested code.
As part of the SaLT group you will work with an extraordinary team. World-class academics, top software engineers and expert machine learning practitioners come together to applying brand-new techniques to Siri-related technologies such as ASR, NLU and TTS, and bringing them together in new and exciting ways Siri processes more than a billion requests every week, so you will enjoy creating designs and helping teams to develop high quality software, implemented at scale. Bring to bear a cloud first approach using Kubernetes, AWS and Terraform you will develop components that integrate with machine learning models to make AI systems more intelligent and human-like. Working with a high degree of autonomy, to be successful in the role you will review designs and code by others and provide constructive feedback. You will share knowledge and mentor others, while continuously learning from colleagues. Any experience with iOS and macOS development tools including Xcode is desirable. Based in Cambridge, we work closely with teams across Apple worldwide. This means occasional evening meetings with teams outside UK, and limited international travel may be required. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Computer science fundamentals no matter how you go them.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.