Technical Program Manager, Audio|Home
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here! We have an opportunity for a Technical Program Manager. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will be the resident factory specialist in manufacturing process, yields and overall factory readiness for mass production. The TPM will work in conjunction with the New Production Introduction group as well as a multi-functional team of Design, Supplier Quality, Test, Service and Technical Program Engineers to ensure that top quality products and services from the CM and drive excellence into everything we do.
- Demonstrated technical skills, including experience and thorough understanding in introducing products into high volume production.
- Experience in product design a plus
- Highly motivated and able to drive issues across cultures. Excellent project management skills, experience working in a matrix organization.
- In-depth knowledge in quality methodologies with common of tools, including statistical analysis, DOE, FMEA, etc.
- Excellent problem solver, using structured problem solving methodology to assign root cause, plus develop and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Hands-on in the factory processes, with frequent time spent on the factory floor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to concisely understand and communicate Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Strong knowledge of GD&T principles a plus. Required to understand and tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups
- Excellent communicator who can translate high-level goals into tangible action plans
- Excellent project leadership skills. Program / Project Management experience preferred.
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- 5 to 10 years experience providing technical support of high volume consumer electronics
- DOE, SPC, Failure Analysis experience preferred. JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Excellent de-bugging skills. Must have demonstrable ability to solve problems under pressure and tight time constraints
- Excellent English language skills required / Chinese language skills desired
- Travel required
- Provide total ownership of the factory output, yield, quality and readiness to ramp volume. - Drive lessons learned into designs and use predictive methods to anticipate and avoid quality issue early in development cycle. - Provide leadership and drive yield & operational excellence expectations with CMs through direct interaction, continuous communication, and continuous improvement efforts. - Resolve best in class equipment efficiencies, UPH, MMR, and material usage, and drive + implement across vendors - Drive continuous yield improvement activities with CMs. - Track CM performance through objective measurement systems as well as audits and on line verification. Implement communication plan, providing summary and corrective action plans through life cycle of products. - Executive level status reports on a weekly cadence - Call out key concerns and options for resolutions to senior management.
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering or equivalent / MS or equivalent (preferred)