Camera Process Development Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, and test of camera and depth hardware for Apple products. This team is seeking a Process Development Engineer to lead new manufacturing process development for camera and depth hardware modules and components.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in doing process R&D
- Hands-on experience in various module assembly processes such as pick and place, dispensing, bonding, filling, laser, component cleaning, curing, plating, singulation, wafer bonding.
- Good knowledge in design of experiment (DOE), engineering statistic, root cause analysis and problem solving
- Familiarity on different metrology tools and quantitative measurement methodology
- Clear and effective written and communication skill
- Resourceful and innovative
- Knowledge and work experience in one or more of the following processes & handling such processes equipment - 1) Flip Chip bonding (Thermosonic, Thermocompression and etc) OR 2) EVO die bonder, EVG and Suss process equipment OR 3) Flex Attach (Flexible Printed Circuit Board Bonding), Solder Jetting/Laser Wire Soldering OR 4) SMT (e.g. solder printing, component pick&place, AOI, SPI and reflow)
- Knowledge on adhesive or epoxy or other bonding material is an advantage
- Experience in optical components, active alignment and high accuracy bonding process is preferred
- Required to travel 50~80%
Work as the key process engineer supporting sophisticated modules Lead DFM and new product design reviews. Provide leadership in the areas of modules assembly, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing. PARTICIPATE IN THE ASSESSMENT AND SELECTION OF VENDORS Work with vendors to develop MP intent equipment, process and materials Travel to vendor sites will be required
Education & Experience
BS with 7+ years of experience or MS/ PhD degree with 3+ in Materials Science Engineering, Physics, mechanical or equivalent. Proficient verbal and written english language skills.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.