RF Cellular Transceiver SoC/Silicon Validation Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Our team is responsible for validating the RF performance of top-notch, monolithic, cellular transceivers and the RF sub-systems built around them. In order to expand our team’s validation capability towards future Apple products, we are looking for an experienced, passionate RF engineer with good programming skills. The world-class cellular RF sub-systems developed in our labs are enabling Apple mobile devices in un-compromised cellular network connectivity at lowest possible battery drain, enabling long hours of enjoyable customer experience. Thus join us and leverage your passion for RF and excellence, bringing your education and experience to the world's most innovative company!
- In depth knowledge of RF fundamentals, RF measurement techniques and expert know-how in cellular standards with various modulation schemes
- Profound knowledge of 3GPP standards with focus on RF requirements
- Proven experience in characterising and debugging RF cellular systems and components, including root cause analysis in the laboratory
- Experience in the architecture of creating test automation scripts to run in lab and/or regression environment
- Programming skills with languages such as Python, C/C++ and Matlab
- Ability to collaborate technically with a variety of teams (Design, Firmware, System, etc.)
- Proficiency in English language is required
- Team spirit, excellent communication skills and the desire to accept diverse challenges are essential
In the position of RF Validation engineer you will work on market-leading, cutting-edge cellular transceivers. The broad scope of responsibility includes the characterisation and optimisation of key RF parameters in the RF laboratory, the analysing of functional and performance against specification and the development of scripts for test automation. Your work style is very collaborative, you manage your deliveries and dependencies self-contained and your execution enables you to meet your commitments.
Education & Experience
Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 5+ years of working experience is required. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.