GPU Functional Modelling Intern
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you have the desire to seek out and solve exceedingly difficult challenges rather than the easy ones? Do you believe that truly valuable and meaningful accomplishments are the result of pushing the limits of perseverance? Do you believe that a world-class team with relentless drive can surpass even their own high expectations? We do! We are seeking highly motivated, innovative and confident individuals to join the GPU Functional Modelling Team, working to advance the next generation of GPU architecture and micro-architecture. In this highly visible role, you will be at the centre of a chip design effort working with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting high performant products to millions of Apple customers efficiently.
- A keen interest in understanding GPU/CPU/SOC architecture and micro-architecture
- Strong coding skills including object-oriented programming with C and C++
- Strong understanding of common data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Ruby
- Prior experience on hardware architectural modelling and hardware description languages will be beneficial
- A motivated self starter and an ability to work with ambiguity
- Good communications skills with the skills to work multi-functionally with a variety of teams
- Availability for 6 months or more is preferred
As an intern in this team, you will have an impact in modelling and verifying Apple's GPU micro-architecture. Building experience interpreting hardware functional specifications together with architects, micro-architects, and designers, you will have the opportunity to learn and be able to build bit-accurate C/C++ models of the GPU and contribute directly to the improvement of the functional modelling infrastructure. You will be the first to run the entire software stack on your models and see exciting new, differentiating, GPU feature sets that will provide surprise and delight to millions of Apple customers later. You will work closely with our verification and software teams to identify bugs in the model and hardware, collaborate to verify architectural solutions, and regularly communicate results and recommendations to the wider team.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field.
- This position is a full-time internship and availability for 6 months or more is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.