Apple Pay - Partner Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Pay is an exciting environment and fast-paced development organization! We are changing the landscape of payments through innovation enabling our customers to pay with their mobile devices in a simple, private, and secure way! Apple Pay is the easiest way to pay in stores, within apps, on the web, to send and receive money, and get around town. As Apple Pay continues to grow, so does our ecosystem of tightly integrated external partners. Partner Engineering is focused on improving this external ecosystem.
- Prior work experience architecting, implementing, or running large scale customer facing services.
- Prior experience developing, designing, or working with RESTful API applications with cloud native architecture.
- Able to design user workflows on top of basic technology building blocks to define and curate new use-cases.
- Able to establish rapport with people inside and outside the organization.
- Comfort engaging at all levels of a company from engineers to executives.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with good business insight.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Sensitive to cultural differences in country/region of a product.
We are looking for engineers and architects with a strong technical competence and experience designing, building, and running diverse product lines and types of infrastructure. Familiarity with Java Card Global Platform, Cloud native computing along with in-depth understanding of scalability patterns, observability and ability to lead partner facing design decisions. As a Partner Engineer on the Apple Pay Partner Engineering team, you will work closely with engineers, architects, and executives at third-party companies who are designing, building, and running services to integrate with Apple Pay. Your goal is to focus in on the grey areas and gaps that can cause delays or production problems. You will partner with engineers and architects at the third-party companies to understand the issues and develop a plan to fix them in time for integration launch. You will teach, demonstrate, instruct, and problem solve very technical paths including sophisticated RESTful message sequences and encryption flows. Your successful engagement will help the partner move rapidly toward the production launch of their integration with Apple Pay on time and fully tested. As new products and services are invented and architected inside of Apple Pay, you will be the voice of the future third parties. You will work with engineers and technical writers across the Apple Pay engineering team to define and design products with accurate, unambiguous technical documents and specifications such that partners can rapidly consume and produce services to match. Apple Pay partner engineering closely works with Product Teams, wallet & server development teams to build reference implementation of sophisticated integration models, focussed on ease of integration and scalability of the platform.
Education & Experience
• BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.