Supplier Quality Engineer, Bare FPC (Taiwan)
Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. We have an opportunity for Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) for Bare FPC in Taiwan. This position will be responsible for leading activity from Fabrication side, making fabrication process and method to be capable and stable to supply product with quality as Supplier quality engineer in Flexible Printed Circuit board (FPC) manufacturing. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Experience in bare FPC(Multilayer) fabrication including familiarity with equipment, chemistries, and quality analysis methodologies known in the industry. Process engineering experience is preferred.
- MSA and SPC in manufacturing process, such as rule and action at X bar-R(S), GR&R, Correlation and manufacturing capability(Cp, CpK)
- Knowledge of materials used throughout the FPC manufacturing industry.
- Experience in HDI technology is a must such as Filled via, Direct exposure system.
- Knowledge of advanced technologies such as MSAP, SAP, LCP, Modified PI
- Knowledge of failure analysis at FPC, equipment, tooling and methodology.
- The ability to evaluate options and make critical decisions under uncertainty and deadline.
- A creative thought processes.
- Business level of English, Chinese communication.
・Work as a member of a cross-functional team to ensure manufacturability of FPC. ・Support multiple suppliers on site(Domestic mainly, also oversea sometimes) to build capable and stable manufacturability such as: - Improve product quality of FPC and manufacturing capability. - Evaluate and qualify FPC manufacturing capabilities and control systems. - Implement and standardize quality requirement - Maintain and make sure FPC specifications for external suppliers. - Suggest alternative solutions where cost reduction opportunities exist or design limitations require
Education & Experience
BS or MS of Engineering Background.
- - Familiarity assembly (i.e. SMT, Molding)
- - Experience in PCB manufacturing is plus
- - Experience in Project management is plus
- - Familiarity with the semiconductor manufacturing processes is plus
- - Language: Japanese is plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.