Haptic Process Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Process Engineering group, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. A project might call for designing new equipment, developing new materials, or even building a new factory to bring a visionary idea to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before imagined. The Haptic Engineering group is responsible for the development, test, and qualification of haptic hardware for Apple products. We are looking for an outstanding Haptics Module process engineer to work on new hardware engineering projects.
- 10+ years experience working with mechatronic systems with high precision mechanics
- Experience working with subcontractors to develop equipment, materials, and process to manufacture small, precision electromechanical systems.
- Experience with transition from development to production ramp of consumer, high volume manufacturing.
- Work closely with internal cross functional teams - Product Design, Test, Electrical Engineering, Product Engineering, and Operations
- Ability to work with international teams and travel
- Work as the key module process engineer supporting complex, high volume haptic actuators, based in Shanghai, China and need to travel to subcontractors frequently. - Provide leadership in the areas of module construction, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing. - Work with factory partner to develop MP intent equipment, process, and materials - Provide communication and program phase reviews to senior management - Frequent travel to factory partner sites will be required.
Education & Experience
MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Physics as minimum. Ph.D. is preferred.