System Triage & Debug Engineer
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Software and Services
Do you like puzzles and finding solutions that are not obvious? Do you enjoy understanding how things work in breadth and depth, and exploring ways to make them even better? If so, we’d love to hear from you! At Apple, we believe technology should lift humanity and make people’s lives better. We are looking for a System Triage & Debug Engineer with a passion for solving difficult problems and creating innovative solutions. This is a group that experiments, invents, surprises, and delights with unprecedented offerings.
- Experience with coding/scripting languages — preferably python.
- Proficient writing optimized scripts for automation.
- Exceptional attention to detail to examine, debug and recognize failure patterns.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a diligent mentality.
- Comfortable working in a continually changing, fast-paced environment and driving issues to resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with software revision control tools and workflows (e.g., git, svn, etc.)
Our team is focused on creating and maintaining triage automation as well as providing critical debug support for current and future Apple platforms. We’re looking for experienced engineers who are interested in building highly efficient solutions. As a System Triage & Debug Engineer, you will be building new triage tools and infrastructure for expediting the resolution of issues. You will also work with partner teams in gathering requirements for new features as well as onboarding teams with our infrastructure. The solutions you provide will enable the successful launch of new products and enhance debug / triage workflows. We work with systems in all phases of development, from pre-silicon emulation to already-shipped systems.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Engineering OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience.