Finished Goods Distribution Centre Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Company overview Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continues to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Job Summary If you want to be a part of our fast-paced and exciting Apple team, join us as our Finished Goods Distribution Centre Manager (China). This is a local role based in Shanghai responsible for the management and execution of the DC operations locally. The role covers DC related activities such as inbound, outbound, reverse logistics and value added services. This person oversees the day-to-day operations, managing the 3rd party logistics suppliers (3PLs) across the line of business to meet service levels.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. Equivalent proven experience will be considered.
- Min 5 years of experience in logistics or supply chain with in-depth functional knowledge of key logistics processes.
- Equipped with strong business and operations knowledge within the relevant field. Including, but not limited to, B2C, Retail operations.
- Strong vendor management skills and working experience with major 3PLs in APAC.
- Experience in B2B or B2C leading company is highly advantageous.
- Strong people management experience and group development skills.
- Highly adaptable and resilient to the challenges of a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships in a cross-functional team.
- Positive energy and attitude with a thirst for personal growth.
- Strong knowledge of Excel preferred.
- SAP, Business objects (or equivalent) and database skills will be an advantage.
• Manage the 3PLs SLA performance, warehouse spent, SOW compliance in accordance to Apple’s requirements. • Drive the 3PLs(s) towards operations excellence on areas such as, but not limited to, operations execution, losses and damage, continuous improvement program, inventory accuracy. • Manage and lead 3PLs’ organization and their resources to support any required operations activities such as timely execution, analytics and reporting, exceptions management, shipping accuracy issues, etc. • Partner with 3PLs during key events such as new product launches, new store opening to ensure a flawless and successful execution. • Drive periodic review of 3PLs’ end-to-end platform to ensure support towards scalability and growth. • Collaborate with 3PLs for critical initiatives around capacity management, volume fluctuations, cost savings, process/system. • Establish a robust vendor management structure to ensure 3PLs have appropriate team structures in place to support scalability and develop outstanding operations. • Assess and facilitate region-wide change management programs. • Support the cross functional teams in capital projects as the subject market expert. • Develop executable BCPs within the supply chain network.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. Equivalent proven experience will be considered.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.