Senior Software Engineer-UI
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at extensive scale and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Apple Search Ads Group builds a digital advertising solution that enables all Apple iOS developers to promote their various apps on the App Store and help them drive traffic, improve discoverability and ultimately increase revenue by acquiring high value audiences.
- Familiarity with front-end development tools such as pre-processors, task runners, bundlers etc. (Think Webpack, Rollup)
- Understanding of testing strategies and methodologies, exposure to test harnesses like Karma or Jest is a plus.
- Good grasp on core web constructs such as responsive design and mobile-first design concepts.
- Strong experience using best practices when working with REST APIs
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Experience in developing secure web applications and knowledge of application vulnerabilities such as Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) etc.
- Comfortable working with and building highly scalable and resilient enterprise-grade applications and solutions.
- Excitement to work on amazing products.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced development team.
Ready to join our team? We are looking for a person to help us refine the UI for this product which directly affects how well our customers are able to effectively promote their apps at scale. The ideal candidate is a person with solid front-end development skills and a prototype mentality, capable of iteratively developing new features while improving the UI infrastructure. In this role, you will work with a number of stakeholders including product, QE and design teams to grow our current product offering.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science/SW Engineering or equivalent field experience.
- - Exposure to TypeScript, RxJS and other ES6 constructs is highly desirable.
- - Appetite for learning and utilizing new and upcoming browser features such as Web Components, Shadow DOM, Service Workers etc.
- - A creative eye, passion for visual design and a penchant for seeking pixel perfection in the finer details of UI and UX.
- - Excellent communication, collaboration, and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- - Experience with Java, or writing code for the server in another object-oriented language.