Precision Optics Manufacturing Engineer
Longtan, Taiwan, Taiwan
We are looking for a world class optics manufacturing engineer to join a team that is making a big difference in the future of Apple. The team features a broad engineering roster including optical engineers, human perception experts, product design engineers, and experimental physicists, which presents a unique opportunity to influence and learn from a diverse group of experts. This position requires close collaboration with other experts at Apple, and is focused on working directly with optics suppliers to develop high precision manufacturing processes new to industry.
- Experience in injection molding for high-precision applications such as optics.
- Basic knowledge in diamond turning and mold tool design.
- Capable of prototyping, conducting design of experiments, and analytical data processing.
- 2+ years of industry experience, preferably in optics manufacturing.
- Familiarity with visual/cosmetic inspection and quality control for optical components
- Familiarity with optical measurement techniques such as surface profiling of optical components such as lenses
- Directly work with precision optics molding suppliers, and develop new injection molding techniques for optical components such as lenses. - Implement molding process SOPs to ensure repeatable quality. - Influence product-level decisions using tools and methods such as simulation, prototyping and lab characterization. - Review, analyze and interpret measurements and critical process data. Draw actionable conclusions and implement improvements. - Help develop manual and automatic visual inspection methods to ensure quality, implement SOPs and train operators. - Work with suppliers to develop optical modules, bring up optical test platforms, and perform statistical analysis of data to determine optical performance and quality. - Use data analysis tools (such as JMP, Matlab, Python, etc) and presentation software (such as PowerPoint or Keynote) to prepare quantitative daily reports and clear slides to communicate top issues, learnings, failure analysis and corrective action plans and results.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Material Science or Opto-Mechanical Engineering.