Optical Metrology Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The display technology team features a collaborative environment with creative and world-class products and cutting edge technologies. Team provides opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness are expected and encouraged. Innovation, IP and patent creation are highly supported and valued. Opening up the boundaries to design and ship innovative products with outstanding technologies and user experiences are the main goals of our team. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- - Require: strong analytical model building and problem solving capability
- - Require: strong quantitative data analysis abilities, using JMP, Matlab, or equivalent tools.
- - Require: strong ability to communicate clearly and efficiently across a range of technical disciplines with a broad slate of stakeholders, including management, peers, and suppliers.
- - Require: PhD/MS/BS in Optics, Physics, Opto-mechanics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- - Require: in-depth knowledge & experiences in one or more of the following fields:
- - Ray tracing modeling and tolerance analysis, with LightTools and/or Zemax.
- - Optical instruments, e.g. imaging cameras, spectro-radiometer, spectrometer, colorimeter, microscope, …
- - Display panel’s optical characterization.
- - Highly experienced in Matlab, Python, or C/C++ programming for data analysis, image analysis, or HW system control
- - Light sources, e.g. III-V LEDs, OLEDs, VCSEL, tunable lasers,…
- - Optical detectors, e.g. image sensors, photo-diodes, APD, PMT,…
- - Optical components e.g. lens assembly, collimator, polarizer, modulator, beam splitter, DMD, waveguides, …
- - Camera calibrations or imaging system calibrations.
- - Prefer: 3+ years of industry work experience
You will be responsible for designing and developing industry leading optical calibration and metrology instrument for testing optical modules and components (e.g. display panels and much more), during NPI (new product introduction) stage, with the supports from SW/HW cross-functional teams. - Specify and design optical instruments and key components - Define calibration & measurement Engineering Requirement Specification (ERS) for optical instruments and automated systems. - Conduct HW/SW validation and FA for metrology instruments and systems. - Analyze lab data and NPI data for validation, FA, and improvement purposes. - Provide crisp and rigorous presentation and report, on subjects listed above. And communicate with a broad range of cross-functional teams.
Education & Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in Optics, Physics, Opto-mechanics, or Electrical Engineering