Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Apple Security Engineering & Architecture team believes the best defence is a good offence. When it comes to securing the world's most advanced operating systems, that means finding vulnerabilities first. We're looking for a skilled and inspired individual to join our crack group of security engineers to attack Apple's products, with the goal of better safeguarding our users’ long-term assets. Can you make a difference on this scale? Join our extraordinary team of security researchers and discover Apple products' vulnerabilities before they ship.
- Embedded and µ-architecture security knowledge
- Secure coding and code auditing
- Assembly languages (ARM a huge plus)
- Knowledge of operating systems architecture and security design
- Strong experience with transient execution attacks, cache attacks, and/or software-induced hardware attacks
- Familiarity with modern processor architecture.
- Reverse engineering expertise (e.g. IDA Pro, Ghidra) and developing plug-ins.
- Programming background in C, C++, Python and/or Objective-C.
- Ability to handle numerous parallel projects.
Based in Paris, we're building an exceptional team tasked with the responsibility of securing low-level technologies such as the iOS and OS X kernel, boot ROMs, firmware and hardware. Working in partnership with teams worldwide, your influence will be felt throughout Apple's extraordinary products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. As a Security Researcher in our team you will identify threats in sophisticated and innovative systems, as well as being directly involved in Apple's response to critical issues as they arise. We enjoy a wide variety of work including looking for flaws in micro-architectural designs, providing insightful analysis, creating innovative tools, advising other teams on both hardware and software, auditing code and reviewing specifications. The job is as diverse as it is critical and to be successful we require someone with strong technical strengths and a passion to secure systems by showing how they can be broken. From an engineering perspective you may be involved with RTL and Kernel code, MacOS/iOS security architectures along with developing proof of concepts for common vulnerabilities that bypass anti-exploitation protections. Any experience in these areas is not a must but is desirable. This position may require some travel to other Apple sites, vendors and security conferences. To work together, we all speak English and you'll need to be fluent too. Speaking French is NOT required for this role.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science / Computer Electronics (or equivalent experience)
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.