Software Engineer Intern (Shanghai / Shenzhen / Taipei)
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Apple is a company full of exciting ideas and innovative people, who are also committed to upholding the highest moral, legal and ethical standards in everything we do. We believe technology can serve humankind's deepest values and highest aspirations. Protecting individuals’ privacy, promoting diversity and inclusivity, providing products that educate, and are accessible to all needs, are fundamentals within our business. Passion works here. Our community is made up of every kind of individual: artists and designers, engineers and scientists, problem solvers and doers. Together we build things and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. So if you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, join Apple and be ready to dream big.
- Have meaningful work experience in PC industry (notebook, desktop, server platform or embedded system)
- Have development and debugging experience on at least one platform
- Have development or debugging experience in EFI BIOS/Linux Kernel developing/EC FWs/Solari or other UNIX/Windows/Mac OS X.
- Willing to take on responsibility, real passion for work is very significant
- Good at communication in English and Mandarin
- Excellent collaborating skills
- Willing to travel and work in factory
Apple’s CoreOS organisation is looking for an outstanding engineer intern to support and develop tools. For this position you need to work with multiple software teams to make sure all the software (BIOS, FWs, Mac OS X, diags, tools, etc.) in Macintosh system (MacBook Pro/Air, iMac, Mac mini, etc.) works well in all of the developing phases, including live debug in line, working with all software related teams to root cause and fix issues, and developing debug tools and new software functionality.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.