Analog Mixed-Signal Modeling Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
At Apple, we work every day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Apple Silicon Engineering Group has an opportunity for a forward-thinking and unusually creative AMS modeling engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for developing accurate and efficient models for analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits. Your Expertise in circuit modeling and simulation will contribute to the design and verification of the next generation of Apple’s world-leading systems-on-chip (SOCs). Modeling engineers bring a unique and versatile combination of hardware, physics, applied mathematics, and software expertise. On their way from architecture to silicon, circuits take form in software. As part of the innovative AMS modeling Software team, you will develop those software representations of future hardware, and help make them real. The ideal candidate will have extensive years' experience in AMS design, architecture, or modeling as well as programming efficiency. As an Analog Mixed-Signal Modeling Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on future Apple AMS interfaces and help shape the future of semiconductor technology.
- - Strong experience in analog and mixed-signal circuit modeling, design, or architecture
- - Solid understanding of behavioral modeling techniques, model parameter extraction, and model calibration
- - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to debug and optimize complex circuit models
- - Innovation: Enthusiasm for exploring new modeling methodologies and techniques to improve circuit design and verification processes
- - Proficiency in programming languages such as C++ or Python
- - Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, adapting to changing project requirements and priorities
- Develop accurate behavioral and electrical models for mixed-signal circuits, including SerDes, PLLs, memory interfaces and data converters - Verify the performance and accuracy of the developed models against circuit-level simulations and measurements. - Optimize and refine models to ensure accuracy while maintaining efficient simulation performance - Collaborate closely with system architects and designers to understand circuit specifications, design intent, and performance requirements - Create clear and comprehensive documentation for the developed models, including specifications, usage guidelines, and limitations - Contribute to the development of modeling methodologies, best practices, and automation tools to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of circuit mode
Education & Experience
MS/PhD EE/CE, or industry experience equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.