R2R Tax Compliance Accountant
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to improve financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only proven technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber Tax Compliance Accountant to join our Shanghai-based team to play a pivotal role in building an extraordinary Global Business Solutions center passionate about developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple’s businesses in Greater China.
- A minimum of 5 years of related commercial work experience; a combination of public accounting and proven experience preferred
- Deep understanding of China statutory and tax filing requirements
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of English and Chinese in both written and spoken forms
- Problem solver who can critically analyze sophisticated information and extract insights to drive business decisions and solutions
- Ability to break down business decisions into a detailed action plan and follow-through to deliver results
- Strong communicator who can build cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to influence appropriate outcomes
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude with a willingness to dive into the details to lead change with minimal direction
- Mature, responsible, self driven and able to work independently
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Familiar with Tax refund process will be a plus
This individual will be responsible for all tax, statutory and statistical filings for assigned areas and will partner with the business to maintain Apple’s compliance with external reporting requirements. The tax compliance accountant will also act as the first point of contact on external critical issues relating to China tax enquiries. This role will report to the Tax Compliance Manager. - Serves as key coordination point with company auditors and tax agents to drive the resolution of any queries or issues - Identifies challenges presented by changes to the business operations and the impact on taxation - Ensures deliverables meet key performance metrics and service level agreements (SLAs), aligned with collaborator expectations - Drives continuous innovation through process improvements and challenges the status quo to build best-in-class systems and processes
Degree in Accounting or Taxation Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.