Accessories Quality Lead Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do you have a passion for accessories and want to know how they “just work”? We are the Accessories QA team, and we are searching for a self motivated engineer who can assist with enabling accessory testing at our vendor sites as well as lead large cross-functional accessory programs. This will require understanding of SOPs created by feature/area DRIs and then handing them off to multiple sites for execution. This position also requires leading large scale cross-functional accessory projects from test plan creation, firmware architecture knowledge, organizing meetings, reporting on results and highlighting risks. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of engineers responsible for driving the quality of Apple’s first-party Lightning, USB-C, and inductive charging accessories. You’ll use your technical expertise to solve difficult problems while collaborating closely with cross-functional partners to drive customer facing issues to resolution. Come join our team!
- Strong system-level understanding of charging via USB and/or Qi
- Experience with writing scripts in bash or Python
- Capacity to dive deep technically, learn new technologies, and understand the technical details of an accessory or product system
- Understanding in analyzing large data sets to extract meaningful insight and to visualize in tools like Tableau
- Ability to highlight risks and make connections to customer impact for leadership
- Interest in new technologies and products coming to market, interest in market research
- Test case creation, automating repetitive tasks, reporting results from multiple test site locations - Debug with vendor engineers on site or in real time - Collaborate with other engineering teams such as Accessory Firmware to ensure requirements are collectively understood and carried out to achieve major milestones - Staying engaged in accessory space to help testing teams understand goals and objectives of tests being executed - Support automation deployment at test sites (shipping, logistics, troubleshooting, data sharing) - Identify fundamental benchmarks to monitor each project and team’s success - Be the champion for customer-facing quality in every phase of the development process
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems Technology or equivalent experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.