Analog Mixed-Signal Design Verification Engineer (m/f/d)
Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our PMU team at our Nabern office close to Stuttgart, you will have the great opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day! We are looking for an AMS Verification Engineer who will enable us to verify our next generation of PMUs, in close collaboration with the design teams. The responsibilities include contributing to the top level verification of our PMUs. A number of IP specific features as well as interaction between IPs will also be part of the expected verification scope.
- Advanced knowledge of mixed signal verification
- At least 3 years experience in industry for production integrated circuits.
- Experience with developments in hardware descriptive languages: Verilog, System-Verilog, and/or Verilog-AMS code.
- A background that includes scripting or programming languages is preferred. These include, but are not limited to, TCL, Skill, Python, and/or PERL.
- Familiar with analog behavioural models
- Familiar with verification methodologies and tools: simulators, waveform viewers, execution automation, coverage collection, experience developing scalable and portable test cases
- Possess sufficient analog IC background to identify failure possibilities, work through first order debug, and analyse analog verification results
- Knowledge of analog concurrent assertion and static analyses checks is a plus
- Understanding of both power management and related auxiliary circuitry: switching converters, linear converters, reference circuitry, band-gaps, data converters, and clock generators
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to collaborate
- Ability to work well on a team, take ownership and motivate self and others
- Fluent English skills are must
- In this role, you will take care of ensuring high quality silicon for IC chips and IPs. The workflow starts with careful review of specifications followed by crafting of a verification plan and schedule. Then the verification is executed according to plan to support tape-out. - Execution of verification plans from beginning to end: test bench and environment bring-up, regressions, failure debug, and tape-out - Develop detailed test and coverage plans based on IC specifications - Develop verification methodology suitable for the IP, ensuring scalability and portability - Develop verification environment, including stimuli, checkers, assertions, trackers, and coverage - Sign-off mixed signal designs in preparation for tape-out.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- This role is available in our office close to Stuttgart (Nabern - Kirchheim unter Teck).
- Some international travel required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.