Wireless System Engineer
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Join our wireless organization and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for engineers with good fundamentals in RF, Antenna Design, System Integration, wireless communications, signal processing or scientific software to join any of our Wireless teams in Apple's Product RF Organization These teams of world-class engineers help architect and design the best wireless products at Apple. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take wireless technologies to product implementation stages following the principles and practices of excellence that characterize Apple culture.
- Excellent understanding of RF fundamentals and communication theory
- Experience handling, visualizing and analyzing antenna radiation patterns
- Ability to write efficient, scalable Matlab, Python, C or C++ code
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment including spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, vector signal generators, power sensors, etc.
- Familiar with RF calibrations and RF metrics
- Basic understanding of wireless standards like 5G, UWB, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Basic electronics background: PLLs, RF Amplifiers, Impedance matching, SPI controls
- Basic understanding of DSP concepts
- Experience in testing in anechoic chambers, and with RF test equipment
- Knowledgeable in radiation performance, antenna, and wave propagation theory
- Ability to debug system level electromagnetic problems and characterize nature of aggressor/victim.
- Strong energy and aim to thrive in a start-up like environment
- Traveling up to 15% of the time may be required
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on achieving the best wireless performance? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering is needed, and we highly value Master degrees and PhD/Doctorate.
- We see the more you have to the following as a BONUS:
- - 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- - Recent experience in OTA characterization
- - Recent experience in UWB technology
- - Recent experience in 5G technology
- - Recent experience in mmWave technology
- - Recent experience in WiFi and BT technologies