SWE - Pre-Silicon Compositing Driver Engineer, GGD
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple's GPU Software team provides developers access to harness the power of the GPU across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch to Mac product line. Our team’s responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for the GPU and Display devices on all of Apple’s hardware. Join our team and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to develop tools and APIs to enable developers to produce cutting edge applications for graphics, machine learning, and compute! We're seeking an engineer to work on our Apple Silicon Compositing Pre-Si and Hardware Team, which is responsible for pre-silicon feature development, new HW bringup, as well as functional development of drivers & system software for copying, scaling, tone mapping and support video and display acceleration.
- Good Programming with knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- Strong kernel-mode driver development skills and Operating System concepts
- Knowledge of display technologies, image scaling, filtering, video formats & standards
- Understanding of CPU or GPU architectures is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Development experience on Unix, Linux or Mac OS
We are seeking a results-oriented, dedicated and focused individual with a strong passion to learn and succeed. As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for developing features for future products, bringing those features from initial concept, through development, leading to hardware bringup, validation and continued cross functional support across various teams like Display, Color, Video, Camera and other subsystems. You will also be collaborating more broadly with hardware design, verification, performance and architecture teams within our Silicon Engineering Group. Responsibilities also include development of frameworks and enhance methodologies for frame composition and presentation, advancing with new and upcoming hardware technologies. The Apple Silicon Compositing and Pre-Si Hardware team is focused on new product development, including software features ranging from UI composition and video playback to various display technologies, plus performance, power management, silicon architecture, development and validation. A successful candidate is extremely detail oriented, possessing excellent debug and problem solving skills, and a passion for kernel device drivers and graphics. If this sounds like a role that could be of interest, get in touch!
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace