Product RF Design Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Apple, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to deliver outstanding performance for wireless products. As a member of the Product RF Design team, you will be at the forefront of wireless technology as we push the boundaries of achievable performance in wireless for innovative products. You will become part of a hands-on product development team that shapes and influences current and future generations of Apple products. We’re looking for dedicated and motivated engineers with good fundamentals in one or more areas of RF/wireless and electromagnetic theory, antenna design, system integration, & wireless communications.
- Knowledge of EM or RF hardware or antenna design
- Knowledge of integration of wireless technologies such as cellular, GPS, Wifi, and NFC into products
- Knowledge of RF schematic and PCB layout practices and guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Product RF Design Engineers should have a broad-based knowledge in RF architecture, design, integration and manufacturing. They have deep theoretical and practical knowledge in one or more areas of electromagnetic theory, RF and Wireless circuit design, communication theory, and product design trade-off. They use electromagnetic and system simulation, hands on prototyping, test and measurement to understand complex system and sub-system interactions, implications to product level design, and manufacturing trade-offs to enable mass production. Product RF Design Engineers apply their expertise in all aspects of product design from concept, architecture definition, integration and prototyping to final production. They work closely with wireless and software architects, industrial designers, and product designers to guide and sculpt the product design with an eye towards optimizing RF/Wireless functionality for the user. Traveling up to 15% of the time may be required to visit overseas manufacturing facilities to support builds from prototype phase to mass production.
Education & Experience
BE/B.Tech or Equivalent Education Coursework or experience in antenna/RF design, wireless communications, EM, or circuits.
- As a Product RF Design engineer, you would have the opportunity to work and expand on multiple aspects of RF technology. While these are not required from you, they will help you in pushing boundaries of innovation at Apple. A non-comprehensive list may include:
- Knowledge of electromagnetic simulation tools
- Hands-on experience with RF lab instrumentation
- Ability to debug Desense issues and characterize noise sources
- Experience with production environment and statistical analysis
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.