Software Development Engineer in Test
Haifa, Haifa District, Israel
Software and Services
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment with prototype hardware and software? The File Systems group within Apple's Core OS organization is looking for a hardworking engineer to join our software validation team. The team is responsible for the validation of data storage technologies software on a wide array of Apple products. This position’s primary focus will be creating scalable and robust test systems to support the delivery of new features and new Apple devices.
- Strong, proven skill in a scripting language(s) and OOP.
- Strong understanding of software test and validation methodologies.
- Familiarity operating Unix-like operating systems and working in the shell.
- Able to support engineering team with triage, debugging and validation of software issues.
- Able to work independently and be proactive in task completions.
- Ability to read and comprehend C.
Successful candidates will join a complex team responsible for validating the latest features in storage technologies on all of Apple products, from watches to Macs, including unreleased prototypes. Our team works hand-in-hand with the software engineering team throughout the software development lifecycle from the initial design until we ship to the customer. Responsibilities include test planning and design, development of test software across the entire product stack (from unit to end-to-end testing), as well as systems and environment deployment.
Education & Experience
BA/BSC in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Any of the following skills will help candidates stand out.
- Experience with databases and data analytic tools (such as Splunk, or Tableau).
- Experience developing in Objective C or Swift.
- Experience working on operating systems, and file systems.
- Experience with networked storage devices (NAS, SAN, etc…).
- Experience in working in DevOps (CI / CD systems, lab management).
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.