Early career - Cellular IP Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
In this role you will be key part of the Cellular SoC IP team in Munich or Linz. As an IP Design engineer you are responsible for developing highly customized hardware IPs for digital signal processing and integrating IPs into SoCs. You will work closely with SoC architects, System engineers, Design verification, Silicon validation teams, STA/DfT/Power specialists, and Physical designers, to develop IPs & SoCs that meet Apple devices’ power, performance, and area goals.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with crafting low-power customized hardware for digital signal processing. Understanding of signal processing principles. Abstract modeling skills for synthesis and simulation using modern modeling languages.
- Good experience in sophisticated ASIC designs, IP integration and digital development flows.
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow and netlist flow checks – Lint, CDC, Logical Equivalence.
- Proficient in using (System)Verilog/VHDL, capable of analyzing RTL/Netlist designs, and excellent debugging skills to solve technical challenges.
- Proficient in day-to-day usage of scripting languages (TCL, Python, Perl, shell), Linux and revision control systems (e.g. Perforce), database management, and releases.
- Passion for owning/driving design schedules using well-defined metrics, a strong initiative, and ownership of responsibilities, productive, able to meet daring deadlines.
- Very good interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate abstract concepts to different customers. Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find effective technical solutions between partners in RTL-Design, Firmware, System Engineering, Power, and Physical-Design teams.
- Experience with AXI/AHB bus fabric and processor sub-systems would be a huge plus.
- Experience with synthesis, logic equivalence or ECO techniques would be helpful
As a Cellular design engineer, you will be responsible for developing, integrating & verifying IP sub-components for a cellular transceivers System on Chip. You would be responsible for defining and driving the implementation, timing closure, and power optimizations in close collaboration with a multi-disciplinary group from system, digital-, analog & firmware design, to design verification, and physical design teams which will support your daily work. Your work will not be limited to design and will cover end-to-end responsibility across the project life-cycle of the IPs developed from concept to design, to verification, integration, silicon validation, and finally in-field operation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/ Software Engineering or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.