RE&D Facilities Manager – Germany and Austria
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you love working in a sophisticated, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for Facilities and Project Management? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a meaningful role in leading your team to transform spaces into offices and engineering sites in Germany and Austria. You’ll help develop and run these properties in innovative and sustainable ways. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces operate efficiently and seamlessly so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products.
- Extensive facility management experience with a demonstrated focus in making buildings outstanding and efficient workplaces ideally in a multi national environment.
- Management of all hard and soft services associated with the real estate portfolio. This includes mechanical, electrical, space management, reception services, janitorial, furniture etc.
- Highly motivated to succeed and provide outstanding IFM services.
- Understand of project management, planning, scheduling, budgeting and resourcing on a range of project sizes.
- Excellent leadership, communication, influencing skills working with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in employee development and mentoring including encouraging collaboration, continuous performance feedback and motivating the team to develop and apply tools for more efficient operations and improved customer service. Ability to connect and lead dispersed internal/external teams.
- Ability to bring cross-functional teams together within and outside the Real Estate & Development function, including Security, IS&T, Finance, Corporate Communications, and Procurement to ensure standard methodologies and continual process improvement.
- Strong and timely reporting ability – accurate in written and verbal reporting.
- Fluent in German and English.
The RE&D Facilities Manager will own the day to day operations in multiple offices and engineering sites, consistent with a diversified portfolio. You will project-manage different fitout projects within your portfolio. You will manage budgets and drive cost and operational efficiencies along with having the ability to interact with Apple business functions, landlords, partners & customers at all levels including management reporting. You will be responsible for providing daily leadership and promoting the development of your team. You will partner with Apple management, the Apple RE&D team, Apple partners including Finance, Security, IS&T, EHS and landlords, internal/external vendors and suppliers.
Education & Experience
Degree qualified in related field e.g. Engineering/Business.
- Ability to travel throughout your region.
- Need to be available for regular conference calls to the US, including out of normal business hours.