Embedded Firmware Engineering Intern
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, hard-working people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team is to build the world’s best Wireless charging user experience. We invent and develop bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products, ranging from the iPhone to the Apple Watch and AirPods. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unrivalled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple is currently seeking enthusiastic engineering students who are keen in doing internship with us. The intern will provide support to design, engineering, prototyping, and validation activities for all hardware product lines. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking wireless power technology!
- You may meet or have interest in any one of the following qualifications:
- Solid EE fundamentals in both analog and digital design and comfortable with tackling new challenges with the critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid skills in C/C++ and scripting languages, such as Python.
- Familiar with various communication protocols (USB, SPMI, SPI, I2C and UART) and low power embedded systems e.g. ARM Core Processors
- Experience with working with cross functional FW partners
- Experience with versioning and automation tools, such as git or unit testing
- Proficient in modelling, data collection, data analysis, and statistical analysis tools (e.g. Python, JMPm Matlab)
- Team player and great communication skills
- Hands-on experience and proven track record in system definition, integration, architecture, prototyping, and validation preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Power electronics and direct wireless charging is preferred
- Prior internship or work experience preferred
You will be working alongside the firmware team on a dedicated project through your internship. This includes developing firmware for ARM Core processors and other customer ASICs. You will interact with team members locally and remotely where you will use your strong communication skills. Work with a global team across a range of technologies and products that will require you to quickly familiarise and be effective with a range of firmware development tools, processes and procedures.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing Bachelor Degree/Master Degree/PhD in electrical engineering or computer science or industry experience equivalent.
- - Able to commit for at least 3 months full-time for the internship.