SWE - Compiler Performance Engineer, Development Technologies
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The CPU and Accelerator Compilers Team is seeking senior engineers passionate about working on advancing compiler performance and optimization technology. We are responsible for optimizations and code generation for CPUs and Accelerators on all Apple platforms. Our team works across many different organizations on state-of-the art, industry impacting technology that enhances the user experience for all Apple customers with better run-time performance, battery life, compile-times, code size or enhanced security. A lot of the team's work happens directly in the LLVM open source project and gets presented at the LLVM Developer Meeting and the Apple’s WWDC conferences.
- High level C and C++ programming expertise.
- Experience in analyzing benchmarks and application performance.
- Passion for developing optimizing compilers for modern architectures.
- Solid understanding of computer architecture, micro-architecture and/or software security
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
Our team is diverse, collaborative, and creative. Our work is at the edge of modern compiler and tools development. You will join a team of highly motivated engineers who are passionate about advancing compiler technology to the next level. Tasks will include application and benchmark performance analysis, development of pioneering compiler optimizations in LLVM optimizers and code generators, and tool development. You will continuously apply and grow your expertise, learn new technologies, and engage in cross-organization projects with hardware and software teams. Your work will impact all classical applications used by mom and dad, billions of other customers, and give raise to new applications and technologies. Next time you pick up an Apple device the software running on it can perform better because of your work. In our team you can turn your imagination and engineering prowess into something big.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.