Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple is looking for a highly talented individual preferably in Shenzhen, China with prior EMC design/test/debug and simulation experience. The candidate will work alongside EMC engineers at US headquarters to design and implement EMC solutions on Apple products. The candidate will also act as a liaison with Asia based contract manufacturers, vendors and third party test labs to implement best design practices and follow highest quality test procedures. The candidate must have thorough understanding of EMC design, testing of ITE products and must be highly skilled in EMC/ESD debug techniques.
- Prior experience and/or education in EMC, ESD, RF and signal integrity
- Schematic and layout review of printed circuit boards (PCBs) for emissions and immunity control
- CAD review of enclosures, connectors, and cables for EMC compliance
- Thorough understanding of worldwide EMC regulations, standards and test methods
- Preparation and execution of test plans and preparing test reports
- Hands-on experience with test equipment/EMC chambers and immunity testing
- Proven track record in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical EMC issues
- Proficiency in reviewing and analyzing data from DOEs and presenting data to peers and management
- Defining factory testing requirements and training of test engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and fluency in English language
- Must be highly motivated and must have excellent organizational skills
- Experiences in ISO 17025 accredited lab is a plus
In this role you will be part of EMC design team. You will work as part of a cross-functional team and be responsible for design, implementation, and verification of EMC solutions on cutting edge consumer electronics products. You need to be able to deliver results under high pressure with tight schedules. You are expected to be innovative, strive for excellence with high motivation, drive action to completion.
Education & Experience
BSEE (or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience is required. MSEE (or equivalent) is preferred. Additional consideration will be given to experience with electromagnetic modeling and simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, ADS and PowerSI. Experience with Matlab and scripting for test automation and data analysis is a plus.