Kernel - Test & Automation Team Lead
Herzliya, Tel Aviv District, Israel
Software and Services
The Darwin Quality Engineering team within Apple's CoreOS organization is looking for a results-oriented leader with strong technical and interpersonal skills to manage a team of Engineers with a focus on Pre-Submission & feature validation for the most critical component of Apple products. The person in this role will work closely with Engineering, other QA and multi-functional managers on delivering the highest quality experience for all Apple products across the globe! As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding opportunity to be part of validating our Kernel, Runtime, Device Activation/Communication, App Behavior and Debug tools, iOS/macOS. You will be responsible for ensuring features and performance are maintained at the highest standard.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer in Test or Software Quality Engineer.
- hands-on Software Quality Engineering Manager.
- Passion to recruit, run and develop high-performance engineering teams.
- Deep understanding of SQA methodologies, processes, tools and CI/CD pipelines.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with passion for quality processes.
- Proficiency with iOS, macOS or other operating systems such as Unix/Linux
- Ability to empower teams to achieve exciting yet attainable goals.
- Comfortable working in a constantly evolving and dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Python/C++ or other equivalent scripting/programming language.
You will be managing a team of Software Development Engineers in Test focusing on white box testing for all Apple Platforms. You will drive the testing, data gathering, project reporting for your team & supply to all areas to deliver. You will coordinate testing with other teams, review test plans and related documentation, monitor progress, and provide sign-offs on all pre submission and release landmarks. You will process data from multiple sources, draw relevant conclusions, and present valuable recommendations to leadership.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity to join our team At Apple. You can work on critical projects on an Apple office, to be part of the Apple community, with getting an insider's perspective on the way we work and the people who lead us to build extraordinary products. You will have the opportunity to be a part of projects that are installed on over 1.8 billion devices of devices and delight millions of customers across the world.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.