Machine Learning / AI Internships
Within Apple’s Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning organization (AIML) you can take part in the ongoing revolution that machine learning plays in daily life. Apple’s fully-integrated hardware and software provides unique opportunities to deliver amazing experiences, all while prioritizing user privacy. Come collaborate with some of the best in the business, and help build the world's most innovative products and experiences. We are offering exciting internship opportunities to explore new methods; apply machine learning to solve ambitious problems; advance state-of-the art technology by researching and publishing; challenge existing metrics or protocols; and develop new insightful theories that will impact the way we understand machine learning and the experiences it can enable.
- Each AIML team looks for different skill sets. A subset of the following qualifications is desired:
- A background in computer science, engineering, data science, applied mathematics, or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable with an object-oriented programming language, such as Python, Swift, Objective C or Java.
- Hands-on experience with ML libraries like TensorFlow, PyTorch, CoreFlow, Sklearn, etc.
- Strong mathematical skills in linear algebra and statistics.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Familiar with crafting, prototyping, and evaluating interactive systems.
- Practical knowledge of building and adapting algorithms for machine learning, speech, multimodal sensing, or related areas.
- Applied ML Engineering Roles
- Experience with integrating research prototypes into production applications.
- Proficient in conducting ethnographic or other situated studies of human interaction with or through interactive technologies.
- Research Focused internships
- Research experience in Machine Learning and a demonstrable record of publishing academic research in peer-reviewed venues.
- Graduate or PhD degree paths preferred.
You will receive technical mentorship and guidance that allows you to learn new things every day, gain practical skills, build real world experience, develop a greater understanding of our industry, and form valuable connections. You will join an extraordinary team, including world-class software engineers and leading machine learning researchers who are all passionate about applying groundbreaking techniques to AI. We cover all fields of Machine Learning, including, but not limited to, large language models, diffusion models and reinforcement learning, as well as other related areas such as accessibility, privacy, and fairness. If you think your expertise can be useful to Apple, it probably is! Interns collaborate with researchers, engineers, and program/project managers to tackle innovative challenges. Together, you and your team will partner to design and implement an innovative solution for a Machine Learning problem that is meaningful. At the end of your internship, you will have the opportunity to meet and present your work to AIML leadership. Where appropriate, you will have the opportunity to submit your work for publication at a suitable conference.
Education & Experience
Working toward an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, data science, applied mathematics, or equivalent. Doctoral degree paths are preferred for research focused internships.