Partner Engineer, Apple Pay
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization! We are changing the landscape of payments through innovation enabling our customers to pay with their mobile devices in a simple, private and secure way. Apple Pay is the easiest way to pay in stores, within apps, on the web, to send and receive money and get around town. As Apple Pay continues to grow, so does our ecosystem of tightly integrated external partners. Partner Engineering is passionate about improving this external ecosystem. Partner Engineers work at the forefront of Apple Payʼs future, performing due diligence and vetting of external companies with whom Apple Pay may partner to bring services to our customers. This will be accomplished by working closely with external partners' engineering teams (e.g. developers, quality, performance, SRE) to identify gaps and opportunities and to help the partners achieve the excellence required to integrate with Apple Pay services. An Apple Pay Partner Engineer also works across the internal engineering organization to represent the external partners, identifying and addressing gaps and opportunities within Apple. A successful Partner Engineer will build pipeline of capable engineering partnerships that enables Apple Pay to continue a rapid growth in functionality and availability. Join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Self-directed engineers, architects and product people with a high level of technical skill and experience crafting, building and running diverse product lines and types of infrastructure
- Prior work experience architecting, implementing or running large scale customer facing services as engineer
- Ability to build rapport with people inside and outside the organization, and be comfortable engaging across all levels of a company from engineers to executives
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with good business insight
- Creative thinker and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Sensitive to cultural differences in country/region of a product
- Work closely with the engineers, architects as well as executives at 3rd party companies that design, build and run their services. Use inquisitive approach to Hone in on the grey areas and gaps that, if discovered later, cause schedule delays or worse - Partner with the 3rd parties to understand the issues and develop a plan to fix them in time for integration - Cultivate successful engagements to establish a pipeline of well qualified and capable 3rd parties for the rest of the engineering function to integrate, test and launch with, without delay - Be the voice of the future 3rd parties, as new products and services are invented and architected inside of Apple Pay - Work with engineers and technical document writers across the Apple Pay engineering team to define and design products with accurate, unambiguous technical documents and specifications such that partners can rapidly consume and produce services to match
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, a related discipline or meaningful industry experience.
- - This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, offering everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.