Product Designer, Podcasts
Culver City, California, United States
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences! We are seeking an experienced designer to join our Apple Podcasts Design team in an exciting and growing design studio. The ideal designer will have a passion for taking on complex problems and designing elegant solutions that can delight billions of people around the world. We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. Join this team if you are ready to do the best work of your life and help us to make each interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for our customers. The Product Designer is a key player in determining the future direction of Apple Podcasts.
- 6+ years of work experience with a focus on product design and UI across a variety of platforms like iOS, web or others.
- Enthusiasm and history working in an iterative design process, motivated by group critique. Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to present work to large groups and executives.
- Demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving and a willingness to take the lead where needed.
- Experience in shipping digital products from start to finish including the documentation and development process.
- A passion and eye for visual detail in proportion, type, motion, and interaction.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through prototypes, sketches, high-fidelity comps, and presentations. Highly skilled and fast in any tools you need to visualize your ideas and deliver the work.
- Empathy and understanding of how to advocate for user experience with peer teams like engineering, operations and business.
- Passionate for Apple, its products, and its customers with a curiosity for the Podcasts ecosystem.
You are an effective collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, and Senior Management. Prior experience working within a technical environment is a key requirement. You should possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. You have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Strong communication skills and the ability to stay highly organized is critical. Interest in new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices is required. You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. The work that you will design will be seen and experienced by millions of people every month around the globe.