Senior RF Communications Systems Engineer - Satellite
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
At Apple, we strive every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Our successes are the result of skilled domain experts working in an environment which encourages creativity, collaboration, and re-thinking of old problems in new ways! As a member of the Satellite Connectivity Group, you will work on the satellite network that enables connectivity to iPhone when off the grid without cellular or Wi-Fi coverage. Every day, Apple customers use Emergency SOS via satellite to access emergency assistance when they are in need of help and have no other means to communicate. You will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape this and other critical services, to the benefit and safety of millions of Apple device users. The team is looking for a Communications Systems Engineer to help design and improve our global communications systems. You will be working with an international, cross-functional team to deliver the future of high-performance, best-in-class wireless communications for millions of Apple customers.
- Strong knowledge of satellite or similar long range wireless RF communications systems
- Experience developing RF system budgets (link budgets, gain and noise figure cascades, interference analyses, etc.)
- Experience writing RF unit and sub-assembly specifications
- Familiarity with phased array antenna and digital signal processing systems
- Solid programming skills in Python and familiarity with Git
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Strong ability working in a highly cross-functional environment spanning multiple time zones
You will be responsible for building and improving communications systems that touch Apple customers around the world. This includes everything from defining system architectures, to writing requirements and technical budgets, assessing system performance, planning test campaigns, and troubleshooting issues. You will be closely collaborating with internal teams as well as managing external suppliers to deliver on our vision. Help us build the next-generation Apple experience!
Education & Experience
5+ years experience in RF, wireless, or communications engineering roles Minimum BS Electrical Engineer or similar degree