Engineering Program Manager - Mac
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team, we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need, we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers, we drive precision. And through our collaborative process, we build memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a hands-on development team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. The in-region Engineering Project Manager (EPM) will lead a cross-functional team of skilled Electrical and Mechanical engineers, utilizing a solid EE/CE/ME background to recognize, assess and communicate cross functional issues and risks. This will include planning, release and delivery of HW sub-systems to system build events through a product development life cycle We are looking for a high-energy in-region EPM to lead the hardware product development and support build events in CM. As In region EPM in Mac organization, you will be leading development builds of Mac system or key modules (keyboard, trackpad). Your goal is to ensure all deliverables are met, shipped according to the given timeline, and collect all critical engineering data to support development activities. Support cross functional teams with resource to meet build goals. Planning and execution of build events, including material planning and factory readiness. Be the primary point of contact with Cupertino EPM and CM partners to establish a daily build plan, provide clear direction and guidance to meet the program and build objectives. Drive and Lead the cross-functional teams to resolve crucial and blocker issues in the build You will manage and build CM engineering teams to provide qualified engineering project management.
- 5~10 years of project management experience.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Process Manufacturing background is preferred.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin both in oral and written
- Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Excellent consolidation, communication and organizational skills.
- Self motivated and proactive, who can demonstrate creativities and critical thinking capabilities.
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve project goals.
- Capable to cope in Fast and Stressful environment to meet tight schedule.
- Flexible to travel to US and Asia Pacific to support engineering project.
- With Apple related to NPI or Ops experience is a plus.
Lead cross-functional communications between Apple Internal project teams and external vendors. Work with internal and Vendors to define build plan, track, communicate and escalate as appropriate. Enable the development efforts by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process between Apple teams and external vendors. Provide timely issue resolution and critical path/risk assessment management. Facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. Drive day-to-day Engineering build activities at vendor’s factory, to meet overall program objectives. Manage and execute complex DOEs requested from Engineering team.
Education & Experience
BS or above in engineering degree or equivalent