Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our international acoustics teams play a key role in implementing the extraordinary acoustic designs in Apple products by working closely with US teams to review designs, DFMs and ramp production. This means continuous multi-functional collaboration with a wide variety of teams ranging from transducer design and audio tunings, to system hardware, software, mechanical engineering, quality and reliability. We are looking for someone who is self motivated and enjoys collaboration to help us advance audio performance in Apple’s next generation products. In this role you will help us optimize and execute the acoustic designs/architectures as well as product validation test plans in FATP (Final Assembly, Test and Pack) sites.
- Strong background (3+ years) in acoustics/audio engineering
- Proven success in the areas of design, manufacturing, and/or testing of audio systems
- Proficiency in acoustic and structural resonance and vibration analysis in system
- Skilled in acoustic test equipment setup and testing e.g. Soundcheck or Audio Precision
- Ability to manage parallel projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Familiarity with some form of scripting (Bash, Matlab, Python )
- Ability to process and analyze acoustic data in your preferred SW package
- Passion for designing custom hardware to deliver novel/outstanding audio user experiences
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal & written
As part of our team, you will work in closely with US counterparts and cross-functional teams (such as Electronics Engineering, Product Design, Systems Engineering, Hardware Testing, Factory Manufacturing and Operations) to support development builds for new products. This will include validating acoustic designs, leading failure analysis and establishing corrective actions as part of a larger team. You will also be responsible for planning, preparation and deployment of acoustic HW tests in labs & factories. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a go-getter approach. Your ability to analyze and gain insight through testing will be a key asset. The role request approximately 40% domestic travels to support engineering activities.
Education & Experience
Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, or an equivalent field, but if you’ve followed a different path to expertise acoustic hardware design, we still want to hear from you.